Report a Concern
Below are resources to help with concerns and questions related to privacy and data security.
- For data security incidents, immediately notify the IT Security Office and follow the procedures in Policy 5.4.2 Reporting Electronic Security Incidents
For all Ithaca-based locations and Cornell Tech campus, notify the Cornell IT Security Office (ITSO) at ITSecurity@cornell.edu or 607-255-6664
- To report a lost/stolen device, contact Cornell Police or 607-255-1111 and obtain a case number for future reference.
- NOTE: in instances where your personal information is stored on lost/stolen devices, a police report can help you with the necessary documentation for applying for identity theft protection programs.
- For other IT security questions or concerns visit IT Security & Policy and see this list of IT Security Liaisons. Your supervisor and local IT Security Liaison can provide unit, department, program, and topic-specific guidance.
- For non-residents of the United States to report misuse of information, Get Support from the IT Help Desk or call 607-255-5500
- For additional guidance on reporting concerns including anonymous reporting options, visit University Compliance