Note: a compromised device can include (but is not limited to) a system that is:
- Infected by malicious software
- Behaving unusually
- Known to have been accessed by unauthorized parties
- Contact the IT Service Desk for assistance.
- Faculty/Staff/Student Employees:
- Contact local IT support or your IT Security Liaison.
- Consult the IT Security Office for additional technical response and guidance.
- The level of risk to your personal information or Cornell data is largely dependent on
- what kind of data is stored on your device
- whether you have anti-malware or other protective measures in place
- how data backup software is configured
- To determine the extent of infection, consult campus IT support specialists, as described above.